[CentOS] Flush memory on a server?

Nicolas Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Sat Sep 9 11:43:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

A few days ago I checked the health of my main public server running
CentOS 7, a quad-core machine with 16 GB RAM. It had been running
non-stop for 65 days, hosting only a handful of services (BIND, NTP,
Apache, Postfix, Dovecot) for two domains.

I was surprised to see that RAM consumption was relatively high, and
apparently, the machine even had to swap at some time.

I read up a bit on RAM consumption, and now I wonder if flushing the
memory cache regularly is a good idea.

https://tecadmin.net/flush-memory-cache-on-linux-server/

Any suggestions?

Niki