[CentOS] cyrus spool on btrfs?

hw hw at gc-24.de
Sat Sep 9 17:33:29 UTC 2017

Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Thanks. That seems to clear fog a little bit. I still would like to hear
> manufacturers/models here. My choices would be: Areca or LSI (bought out
> by Intel, so former LSI chipset and microcode/firmware) and as SSD Samsung
> Evo SATA III. Does anyone who used these in hardware RAID can offer any
> bad experience description?

It depends on your budget and on the hardware you plan to use the controller
with, and on what you´re intending to do.  I wouldn´t recommend using SSDs
that are not explicitly rated for use with hardware RAID with hardware RAID.

Samsung seems to have firmware bugs that makes the kernel/btrfs disable some
features.  I´d go with Intel SSDs and either use md-RAID or btrfs, but the
reliability of btrfs is questionable, and md-RAID has a performance penalty.