[CentOS] audio flaky

wwp subscript at free.fr
Wed Sep 13 05:27:20 UTC 2017

Hello Michael,

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:02:34 -0500 (CDT) Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> I'm running CentOS 6.
> The audio goes in and out a lot.
> With vlc, I can sometimes get the audio back
> by turning the audio track off and on again.
> I have similar issues with a/v embedded in html.
>
> Any suggestions on how to diagnose this?

Could you elaborate about "the audio goes in and out a lot"?
Is it that, while playing a video or sound, the audio gets in and out
permanently? Is the sound fading in/out or just straightly being cut
off?
Or is it the audio going off after a while or inactivity then being
difficult to turn on again? I'm thinking of the auto-mute, which can be
amazingly turned on and create unexpected behaviour (see alsamixer if
that features exists for your sound card and if it's ON).

Regards,

--
wwp