[CentOS] JRE 8.1 for CentOS6

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 16:32:43 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:26 PM, ejm <mansky at mindspring.com> wrote:
>> When I put in http it changes it back to https
>
> That's common now that everyone puts re-directs in to force everyone to use https.
>
> Can you get to the Apache logs on the remote machine? They may have more info.
>
> The error about Java 1.8 might be a red-herring.
>
> If the remote machine uses Perl on the backend, you might try setting the shell env variable OPENSSL_PREFIX to point on your local CentOS6 box to a newer version of openssl that handles the TLS handshake. The CPAN module Net::SSLeay uses that variable (if set) to use the specified OpenSSL library.

The remote machine is an IMM (Integrated Management Module). I can
connect to that from a browser and then use a remote contol function
to control the machine that is attached to the IMM. That machine will
not boot so I want to see the console, which I usually can via this RC
software. It worked before but yesterday I updated the firmware to fix
another issue and that changed java requirements and now RC does not
work.