[CentOS] Intel Skylake Server

Mark (Netbook) mrw at mwcltd.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 18:38:58 UTC 2017

CentOS 6.9 has support for the Haswell processor which is a subset of the
Skylake.

All Skylake server ancillary components work perfectly with CentOS 6.9.

The AST2500 used with the Skylake is very good and will process UHD. However
this is not backwards compatible with legacy variants.

To make it work an ancillary graphics card is required which is less than
$100. This will not break the bank.

Regards,
Mark Woolfson
MW Consultancy Ltd