[CentOS] CentOS, PHP & OwnCloud/Nextcloud: the version dilemma

Sorin Srbu Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Tue Sep 19 08:05:35 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Nicolas Kovacs
Sent: den 19 september 2017 10:01
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS] CentOS, PHP & OwnCloud/Nextcloud: the version dilemma

Le 19/09/2017 à 09:48, Sorin Srbu a écrit :
> I agree however, everytime I want to mess with OC I get to do the php-dance...
> Irritating, but I guess that's the deal if you want the stability and
> compatibility CentOS is offering.

This may be a very far-fetched idea, but here goes. I don't know much
about Docker, just fiddled around with it a couple hours in a VM. Since
I have to host various PHP applications with different requirements
(some require 5.4, some 5.6, some 7.0), I wonder if it would be a
solution in theory to host several PHP versions (e. g. several different
LAMP servers) on the same physical machine using Docker.

Any suggestions?

For me that would be over-kill, but for others that have bigger solutions it might be a good idea.
Docker is however bit of a white area on my map, here there be dragons. :-)

--
//Sorin