[CentOS] upgrade or install to Centos 7.4.1708

Pete Geenhuizen pete at geenhuizen.net
Tue Sep 19 16:32:00 UTC 2017

On 09/19/17 11:58, Richard wrote:

>> Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:53:24 -0400
>> From: Pete Geenhuizen <pete at geenhuizen.net>

>>> Video, not the CPU, unless the CPU's also doing video.
>>>
>>>       mark, fighting 7.4 and two users who need the 304 NVidia
>>>       drivers
>>>

>> Agreed if I was using an add-on video card, however I'm just using
>> the no-board video.
>>

> I'm using 7.4/Mate on a Dell machine with Skylake i5-7500/Graphics
> 630, without any issues. I installed 7.3 then did initial updates via
> CR, and then the final ones when released the other day. Had to
> change my default mate theme (due to gtk2/3 issues) but otherwise all
> has been fine.

Hmm I did the same thing other than the Dell and i5-7500, I didn't use
CR but waited for the official release.  I wonder if I'm experiencing
the same theme issue with my mate these  If that is the what should I
look for to verify that gtk2/3 is the issue, or what theme are you using?

Pete

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.
  -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers