[CentOS] CentOS 7 yum Issue

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 14:15:06 UTC 2017

On 20 September 2017 at 23:10, Chris Olson <chris_e_olson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> We have been following the email list discussion regarding recent
> problems with yum and the upgrade to the most current CentOS 7.
> We have also tried some of the remedies suggested or recommended.
> None of these measures has yielded success, and it is not totally
> clear whether or not our most recent yum issues have the same root
> cause as those experienced by others.
>
> Fortunately, our yum execution after the most recent updates came
> available was on one of our virtual machines.  This is a CentOS 7
> system running on VirtualBox and hosted on a Windows 7 system. It
> is typically used for verifying system updates and applications
> before they are introduced to regular Intel-based systems. This
> virtual CentOS 7 system has also been faithfully updated for over
> a year by using yum and accepting all updates when they become
> available.

Without knowing what that text that repeats over and over again is it
is nearly impossible to understand what is going on. You need to

1. Try a 'yum clean all' to see if it is a bad cache.
2. Do a 'yum update' and cut and paste some of the text which is
scrolling on the screen.

That is about the only way anyone can help figure out the problem. My
guess is that there are unsatisfied dependencies on some application
that was in EPEL but is either no longer. However without knowing that
it is hard to guess.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.