[CentOS] Notice: Check your tuned settings for a performance boost.

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Sep 22 02:02:05 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 11:45:12AM -0700, Jim Perrin wrote:
> Last week we noticed that the default scheduler isn't being set properly
> in CentOS 7. I haven't checked this for CentOS 6, but it might be worth
> exploring.
>
> The TL;DR is unless you're running CentOS 7 on a laptop or as a virtual
> guest, you should probably run 'tuned-adm profile throughput-performance'
>
> I wrote up the full details here ->
> http://jperrin.org/centos/boosting-centos-server-performance/

Cool. thanks!

I have noticed (without being quite sure what to do about it) that
my Centos 7 desktop (six core AMD Vishera) seems sluggish at times,
when there doesn't seem to be much running that should be a system
hog. I'll see if this change  helps resolve that.

Does running the command shown there make a permanent change, i.e.,
one that survives reboot?

                         God made him who had no sin
                      to be sin for us, so that in him
                 we might become the righteousness of God."