[CentOS] upgrade to 7.4 ZFS issue

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Sep 22 14:25:42 UTC 2017

On 09/22/2017 06:25 AM, Thomas Roth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a server running 7.3 using the zfs-kmod packages from
> zfsonlinux.org.
> For the update to 7.4, I followed
> https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki/RHEL-&-CentOS: removal of all zfs
> - and related packages and installation of the zfs-release.7.4.noarch.rpm
> Afterwards, yum will find almost all packages from that repository -
> except for the zfs-0.7.1-1.el7_4.x86_64.rpm itself ("ZFS command line
> utilities").
> However, the package is there, I can get it via wget!
> Of course I tried cleaning yum + caches, not removing the zfs packages,
> removing them before reboot, removing them after booting into
> 3.10.0-693 - all of which makes no difference.
>
> On a fresh installation (aka starting with 7.4), this problem does not
> occur.
>

> Regardless of any ZFS specifics, what could cause yum to exclude one
> single package file from an otherwise perfectly accessible repo?

The only way would be bad metadata at the site, an exclude in either
/etc/yum.conf or the applicable repo file, or something like an obsolete
in an installed or repo package that causes that package to be filtered out.

You can use yum install ./<rpm_name> to try to install a local rpm and
see what it tells you.