[CentOS] SOLVED upgrade or install to Centos 7.4.1708

Pete Geenhuizen pete at geenhuizen.net
Fri Sep 22 19:46:43 UTC 2017

After trying the suggestions offered here and various other suggestions
that I found through various searches I finally solved the problem by
ditching the on board graphics and installing a graphics card.

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.
  -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers

believed to be clean.