[CentOS] Not SOLVED upgrade or install to Centos 7.4.1708

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sun Sep 24 16:28:55 UTC 2017

On 09/22/17 15:46, Pete Geenhuizen wrote:
>After trying the suggestions offered here and various other
>suggestions
>that I found through various searches I finally solved the problem by
>ditching the on board graphics and installing a graphics card.

Pete and others,

I am still having some 7.4 problems.  I just finished a fresh install
of 7.4 on an ASUS motherboard of which Centos now does not recognize
the video monitor.  I was required to do a 'Basic Graphic' install
instead of a full graphic install with the new 7.4 iso. After a
successful install I tried to change the resolution of the screen
display but Centos was unable to do so because it did not recognize the
monitor.  This was not a problem with 7.3.

The Mother board is :
Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name: B150M-A/M.2
Version: Rev X.0x

The CPU is :
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz

It does not appear that Centos is recognizing the capability of the
mother board.  Does anyone have ideas as to a solution for this.  I am
not certain even buying a video card would make a difference.

Pete... what card did you purchase that worked???

Greg