[CentOS] System shutdown on OOM

Thomas Plant thomas at plant.systems
Tue Sep 26 07:00:52 UTC 2017

Am 25.09.2017 um 18:20 schrieb Steven Tardy:
>> On Sep 25, 2017, at 2:56 AM, Thomas Plant <thomas at plant.systems> wrote:
>>
>> OOM situation
> Do you have `sar` installed and activated?
> Does sar output show high memory leading up to the outage?

No 'sar' installed. It is a client server where I do not want to mess
around to much.
Yesterday happened again, it tried to kill httpd processes, but all have
a oom_score_adj of -1000. So nothing could be killed.
Where does Centos 7.4 set the oom_score_adj? Maybe I should lower it, as
it seems to me as there is mod_php involved and some processes get stuck
and fill the memory.

Greetings,
Thomas