[CentOS] yum update problem - dependancy problem

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Sep 26 10:56:06 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Gary Stainburn
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:32 AM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] yum update problem - dependancy problem

> For a while I've been updating using the command
>
> yum -y --skip-broken  --exclude rpcbind update

I wish the yum maintainers would remove that suggestion:(

> Error: Package: libbluray1-0.4.0-6.el7.x86_64 (@atrpms)
>            Requires: /usr/sbin/ldconfig
>            Removing: glibc-2.17-157.el7_3.1.i686 (@updates)
>                Not found
>            Updated By: glibc-2.17-196.el7.i686 (base)
>                Not found

The error is actually pretty straight forward. You are using a repo (atrpms)
that has not been updated in years, it's not surprise that it finally has lost
compatibility with the platform.

Find a modern and up to date replacement for any packages you reference
from atrpms and without the switches.