[CentOS] Centos 7 Mate desk top

Pete Geenhuizen

pete at geenhuizen.net
Wed Sep 27 21:22:14 UTC 2017

I upgraded to C 7.4 from C 6.9 on my laptop and all was well.  As with
C6 and the other C7 hosts that I have, if launch a terminal from the
desktop it opens in [ user at host Desktop ]$ which is just fine.

I restored parts of my C 6.9 home into C7.4 and now everything shows up
on my desktop and when I open a terminal it now opens up in  [ user at host
~ ]$

Obviously I overwrote the setting, that controls where the terminal
opens.  I've searched high and low but for the life of me I can't
determine where that parameter is set.  I've done some searches but
haven't been able to get the right incantation that would yield an answer

Does anyone know how I can resolve this dilemma?

Thanks

Pete

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.