[CentOS] KeePassX replacement

Sat Sep 16 01:43:36 UTC 2017
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

I have been using the KeePassX password manager on CentOS 6 and 7 for some time and it works pretty well. On my Windows machine I use KeePass which offers a number of features missing from KeePassX, I also sync the database between several machines, including Android units where I use keepass2android. Database compatibility is thus required.

KeePassX, however, does not seem to be maintained any more, the last update was just a bit less than a year ago. It also has some annoying bugs, including where switching keyboards on the computer corrupts the username and the password if they include any character outside the ASCII range.

There seems to be a community fork called KeePassXC and I would like to ask if anyone is using this password manager? It is not in EPEL, nor in any other standard repository, only through an unofficial repository at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bugzy/keepassxc/,