[CentOS] Bricked my system

Mon Sep 25 07:18:16 UTC 2017
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

Updated to CentOS 7.4

No wifi. The wifi was using wl-something driver that had third party
firmware but it wasn't seen.

Attempted to get network with ethernet from the mobo to router but it
wouldn't come up.

So I rebuilt the wl-whatever kernel module and installed the updated
version built against the newer kernel.

Now when attempting to boot it gets stuck at "i8042 no controller found"
and stops.

That message is always there, either lack of serial port or lack of PS/2
ports - I forget - but the boot now hangs there.

It's caused by the wl-whatever kmod update I tried trying to get network
back, but I can't remove that rpm if I can't boot.

Help.

--
-=-
Sent my from my laptop, may not be able to respond timely