[CentOS] Kernel 4.12 and nVidia Driver

Tue Sep 5 12:31:39 UTC 2017
mad.scientist.at.large at tutanota.com <mad.scientist.at.large at tutanota.com>

generally, no it won't update the kernel.  you can get security fixes for it if your' system is looking for updates regularly (you should set it to check at least daily).  it will usually update a version ( i.e. 2.16 would upgrade to 2.X.) and if you let it.  you generally don't want auto kernel  updates to a different main version numbers as it can break things, and in critical apps mostly security patches get loaded, may use the same kernel for many years,  just applying security updates.

--
The Power Of the People Is Stronger Than The People In Charge.

4. Sep 2017 22:16 by etpoole60 at comcast.net: