[CentOS] cyrus spool on btrfs?

Fri Sep 8 17:53:12 UTC 2017

hw wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>> On 09/08/2017 09:49 AM, hw wrote:
>>> Mark Haney wrote:
<snip>
> Probably with the very expensive SSDs suited for this ...
<snip>

>>> That´s because I do not store data on a single disk, without
>>> redundancy, and the SSDs I have are not suitable for hardware RAID.
<snip>
That's a biggie: are these SSDs consumer grade, or enterprise grade? It
was common knowledge 8-9 years ago that you *never* want consumer grade in
anything that mattered, other than maybe a home PC - they wear out much
sooner.

But then, you can't really use consumer grade h/ds in a server. We like
the NAS-rated ones, like WD Red, which are about 1.33% the price of
consumer grade, and solid... and a lot less than the enterprise-grade,
which are about 3x consumer grade.

         mark