[CentOS] Kernel Updates

Mon Sep 11 22:25:44 UTC 2017
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 09/11/2017 04:34 PM, Michael Rapuano wrote:
> We are running kernel-3.10.0-514.26.2.el7 and need to update to
> kernel-3.10.0-693.el7.
> The new kernel is in the CR repo but not in the base/update repos. When
> will the updates in the CR repo be in the base/update repos? This is a high
> priority security issue for us.

It is not in the base or updates repo because it is part of the 7.4.1708
update set .. and we have not released that yet.

CR is an early look at all the new RPMs that are GOING to be in the
7.4.1708 base and updates repo once it gets released.

More on CR here:

https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR

If you want 7.4.1708 updates and you want them before we finish the full
tree and full testing and do the full release .. that is what CR is for.