[CentOS] Apache 2.2 EOL - what is Red Hat's story for RHEL6?

Tue Sep 12 23:04:00 UTC 2017
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 09/12/2017 02:58 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 12 September 2017 at 15:29, Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have been googling for a few weeks now and not finding anything.
>> Apache 2.2 is EOL at the end of this year.
>>
>> Has Red Hat announced a plan yet on what they are doing in RHEL6?
>>
>> I am assuming they will up-version from 6.9 to 6.10 and as part of
>> that upgrade from Apache 2.2 to Apache 2.4 ?
>>
>> thanks,
>> -Alan
>>

> RHEL 6 is in Production Stage 3 where only security fixes will be done
> to packages. In the past that has meant that no upgrades etc are done
> in the final Prod 3 releases and backports of high level security
> fixes are done. So I don't expect any sort of upgrade.

I don't have any official knowledge, but I would suspect that they will
maintain httpd-2.2 throughout the lifetime of RHEL6.  Security issues
would be backported.  (If older versions of RHEL are any indication)