[CentOS] https://ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-barcode/

Wed Sep 13 16:04:24 UTC 2017
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On 13 September 2017 at 11:42, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> On 09/13/2017 10:28 AM, hw wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> https://ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-barcode/
>> says that pst-barcode is included in texlive.
>>
>> I installed texlive, and it can´t find pst-barcode.sty.  Is that a
>> bug in the packaging Centos does, or is texlive in Centos some
>> derelict version?
>
> CentOS has whatever version is in RHEL.
>
> sudo yum provides '*pst-barcode*'
>
> That says it is not available though in CentOS Linux 7.

texlive is a pain in the ass to have all the things that are included
in contrib and other areas. The Fedora package breaks into 5932
different subpackages and the RHEL is a sub-build of those which are
felt can be maintained for the lifetime of a EL release. If you need
more than what EL provides, most people just take the 10->28 hours to
build a set of tetex packages from the Fedora ones.