[CentOS] JRE 8.1 for CentOS6

Thu Sep 14 21:30:03 UTC 2017
Ulf Volmer <u.volmer at u-v.de>

On 14.09.2017 21:26, Larry Martell wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

>> So it sounds like the links needed for the plugin to work are not
>> configured on the system. So you have some symlinks pointing to the
>> openjdk with the system and some pointing the one you tried to
>> install. I don't know how you installed this new jdk so it may be for
>> many different reasons.
>
> I installed it by downloading the rpm and installing that. IBM said on
> my older FF the app/plugin is called JNLP and I should change the
> setting for that to 'always ask' and then when it asks use javaws - I
> did that but it still fails.

Again, please enter 'about:plugins' in the address bar of your browser
to make sure, that the right java version is activated.

But normally javaws is a different topic. As far as i remember, there
should be an option to let firefox ask, which javaws should be executed.
As i understand, you have different version installed.

And at last, please check the security options with jcontrol. Newer java
version are more restricted about security settings.

best regards
Ulf