[CentOS] JRE 8.1 for CentOS6

Thu Sep 14 23:09:44 UTC 2017
Ulf Volmer <u.volmer at u-v.de>

On 15.09.2017 00:59, Larry Martell wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Ulf Volmer <u.volmer at u-v.de> wrote:

>>> This is what I get from that:
>>>
>>> application/x-java-vm IcedTea class,jar
>>
>> That's OpenJDK instead of Oracle.
>
> Do you know how I can associate IcedTea with Oracle's JRE?

You can try to replace the icedtea plugin with the one from Oracle.
As i wrote in my first mail. Try to locate the plugin folder of your
firefox installation (maybe in your ff profile or system wide in the
firefox folder), backup the old plugin and place there a symlink to the
oracle plugin (/usr/java/jre1.8.0_144/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so).

>> /usr/java/jre1.8.0_144/bin/jcontrol
>
> Ah, yes, I do have that. It's the same as running ControlPanel - that
> is where they had me try puttin the IP address of the IMM in the
> exception site list.

OK and did your set the security setting to the lowest one?

best regards
Ulf