[CentOS] libimoblidevice prevents updating to Centos7.4

Fri Sep 15 10:34:11 UTC 2017
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 09/15/2017 03:06 AM, johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> this problem occured both before the release with CR repo and now after the release.
> I have 150 laptops running Centos7 / MATe, including my own laptop.
>
> We have these repo's enabled:
>
> repo id repo naam status
> base/7/x86_64 CentOS-7 - Base 9.591
> beid-release/7 Belgian eID package archive 68
> epel/x86_64 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64 11.904
> extras/7/x86_64 CentOS-7 - Extras 196
> google-talkplugin google-talkplugin 1
> nux-dextop/x86_64 Nux.Ro RPMs for general desktop use 2.489
> updates/7/x86_64
>
> When updating I get EM:
>
> Fout: Pakket: libgpod-0.8.3-14.el7.x86_64 (@epel)
> Vereist: libusbmuxd.so.2()(64bit)
> Verwijderen: usbmuxd-1.0.8-11.el7.x86_64 (@base)
> libusbmuxd.so.2()(64bit)
> Nieuwer pakket is:: usbmuxd-1.1.0-1.el7.x86_64 (base)
> Niet gevonden
> Fout: Pakket: libgpod-0.8.3-14.el7.x86_64 (@epel)
> Vereist: libplist.so.1()(64bit)
> Verwijderen: libplist-1.10-4.el7.x86_64 (@base)
> libplist.so.1()(64bit)
> Bijgewerkt door: libplist-1.12-3.el7.x86_64 (base)
> ~libplist.so.3()(64bit)
> Fout: Pakket: libgpod-0.8.3-14.el7.x86_64 (@epel)
> Vereist: libimobiledevice.so.4()(64bit)
> Verwijderen: libimobiledevice-1.1.5-6.el7.x86_64 (@base)
> libimobiledevice.so.4()(64bit)
> Bijgewerkt door: libimobiledevice-1.2.0-1.el7.x86_64 (base)
> ~libimobiledevice.so.6()(64bit)
> Je zou kunnen proberen met behulp van --skip-broken het probleem te omzeilen
> Je zou kunnen proberen: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>
> What I've been doing for a few weeks when using CR repo is remove libimobiledevice and reinstall:
>
> brasero file-roller-nautilus gvfs-afc mate-applets mutter nautilus* tracker grilo-plugins libgpod mate-power-manager upower
>
> This worked but after that left-clicking NetworkManager icon doesn't display a normal window any more.
> And now that the problem persists after the actual release, I 'm wondering what to do.

I would try a new install to verify the issue .. this sounds like a mate
specific issue.

You can try 'yum downgrade libgpod' as the first step rather than
removing libmobile.  But this sounds like a problem with the end result
as a reinstall of the above packages should be the same.

I am not using Mate on 7.4.1708