[CentOS] owncloud on CentOS - I have problems installing/updating recently

Wed Sep 20 16:55:02 UTC 2017
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 20/09/2017 à 18:18, Valeri Galtsev a écrit :
> after quite some time of praising ownclowd, I started having problems with
> installing and updating desktop owncloud-client on CentOS. Namely, yum
> repository owncloud.org points to for rpm/yum based Linux distributions
> lives on suse.com site (well, for all flavors of Linux, actually). I
> remember it smelled fishy for me the first time I installed ownclouud on
> CentOS using that repository living at suse.com. It worked, however, for
> quite some time, but recently it just times out for me, even what
> owncloud.org currently gives as yum.repo information (which has changed
> from what was in the past).
>
> Does anybody have any suggestion? Am I the only one (thus, making my
> "pilot error"), or others have the same? Did someone find workaround?

Hi Valeri,

I'm using OwnCloud client on my workstation and my server, both running
CentOS 7 with KDE.

I wrote a little blog article (in French) about installing and
configuring OwnCloud.

https://blog.microlinux.fr/owncloud-centos-kde/

The SUSE repository works perfectly. There has been a transition period
with overlapping dependencies in this repository and EPEL. What I did
was simply remove all packages and reinstall the owncloud-client
package. This repository is also always up-to-date, whereas the EPEL
package is regularly lagging behind.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat