[CentOS] Connecting to internet with USB tethered iphone

Fri Sep 22 15:29:58 UTC 2017
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On 22 September 2017 at 10:33, Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get a centos 6 system on the internet with a tethered
> iPhone. I can see the phone with lsusb as bus 001 device 011. A post on
> stackoverflow said I would need to run "# ip link set usb0 up && dhcpcd
> usb0"
>
> But how do I reference my phone in that command?

I thought that if the phone is in tethering mode that is all you need
to do. The command is saying setup an 'ethernet' port on the USB and
to ask for a dhcpd command from it. If the phone allows tethering it
will be using its USB as an ethernet connection and will see a dhcpd
connection and will give out an ip address.