[CentOS] Semi-OT: hardware: NVidia proprietary driver, C7.4

Tue Sep 26 18:18:46 UTC 2017
Phelps, Matthew <mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu>

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 01:40:54PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> > This is really frustrating. I've got a server with two K20c Tesla cards.
> > need to use the proprietary drivers to use the CUDA toolkit. Btw, I had
> no
> > trouble at all with building for CentOS 7.3
> >
> > I have what NVidia claims is the correct driver package, a 340 series. It
> > appears to build, but then fails to load. The only error I see is "no
> such
> > device", which makes no sense to me, esp. since it says nothing whatever
> > else.
>
> Why not use the elrepo repo? They've worked flawlessly for me, both with
> legacy and new cards.
>

> --
> Scott Robbins
> PGP keyID EB3467D6

Seconded. We use the elrepo repository for hundreds of workstations and
have had no issues. Takes care of everything automatically.

--
Matt Phelps
System Administrator, Computation Facility