[CentOS] XScreenSaver

wwp subscript at free.fr
Mon Apr 9 07:57:39 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 18:10:35 -0700 Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> On 2018-04-08, Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:
> > Le 09/04/2018 à 00:33, Keith Keller a écrit :
> >> I think you can use the --no-splash switch.
> >>
> >> https://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/man1.html
> >>
> >> There's probably also a config setting in .xscreensaver.
> >
> > No, there's no configuration setting. And no way to turn it off.
>
> Not even --no-splash?  That option shows up right on JWZ's site.

Years ago I was using xscreensaver with --no-splash and had no problem
with it. But, I must admit that I gave up with xscreensaver just
because I was using the blank screen feature + power management
settings, and the screensaver service provided by GNOME is just
equivalent and more simple to get (anything but a blank screen is NOT a
screen or energy *saver*, it's an entertainment). I presume KDE has its
own too, so, with regards to the feature, we really don't need
xscreensaver and the whole discussion here and without the author is a
loss of time. Even to the OP of this thread, I'd not recommend using
xscreensaver for school computers administration, he's losing time and
energy.

Regards,

--
wwp