[CentOS] Nvidia-detect error with on HP Z4 (CentOS 6.9)

Danny Smit danny.smit.0 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 21:33:17 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 8:50 PM, Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org> wrote:

> Your device is supported:
>
> $ nvidia-detect -l | grep -i 1cb2
> [10de:1cb2] NVIDIA Corporation GP107GL [Quadro P600]
>
> Support was added in the 375.39 NVIDIA driver. I assume the driver works as
> expected for you?

Yes it works perfectly fine.

I created a bugreport: http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=839

>>    # lspci | grep VGA
>>    00:1f.5 Non-VGA unclassified device: Intel Corporation Device a2a4
>>    21:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1cb2 (rev a1
>>
>>    # lspci -n | egrep '00:1f.5|21:00.0'
>>    00:1f.5 0000: 8086:a2a4
>>    21:00.0 0300: 10de:1cb2 (rev a1)

This part makes me wander though, if I'm correct the second column in
the "lspci -n" output seems to be the class identification. If you
look at the first line of the lcpi output, lspci (or the kernel?)
doesn't seem to recognize the class of some other Intel device, that
probably has nothing to do with the nvidia device at all. It's numeric
class identification seems to be "0000" though (for unclassified?)

Could it be that in the piece of code below (from nvidia-detect), the
device_class is zero because of that line, and nvidia-detect exits?

if (!dev->device_class) {
    fprintf(stderr, "Error getting device_class\n");
    ret = -1;
    goto exit;
}

--