[CentOS] tftpd server S not responding

Pete Biggs pete at biggs.org.uk
Thu Apr 19 08:09:01 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-04-18 at 20:52 -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 9:26 AM, Steven Tardy <sjt5atra at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Reading back through prior emails. . . TFTP client requests packets *are*
> > making it to the TFTP server. So it seems like something on the TFTP server
> > itself.
> >

> Right. I am not sure how to debug that

Just reading back through the thread, I'm still not sure, but does the
server have multiple ethernet interfaces? If so, can you turn off the
others temporarily?

Is it possible that IPv6 is getting in the way?

If you do

   lsof -i :69

what do you get?

> > Like previously mentioned server side
> > firewall/iptables/tcp-wrappers/selinux are all possible culprits.
> >

> I tested with firewalld turned off and selinux all permissive. I also did
> not see any denied in audit log
> related to this when selinux was enforced
>

> > Hmmm just thought of something else, what are the file permissions of the
> > file you are requesting? Try `chmod a+r filename`?
> >

> Yes it is readable.

What about all the directories above the file - are they readable and
searchable?

P.