[CentOS] Enterprise company using CentOS

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at ilk.uu.se
Thu Apr 19 10:56:37 UTC 2018

Spot on.

The way we did it when we let go of RHEL for server and desktop, was we eased into it or out of, whatever your POV.

Critical servers remained on RHEL for quite a while. Servers got CentOS when the entitlement ran out.

Desktops got CentOS whenever they were available for a reinstall over a quarter of a year IIRC.

Five or so years later were a CentOS shop completely. With the odd Ubuntu desktop.
Majority of desktops are however Windows boxes, but that's a different matter.

Might that be a solution for you too Mats, ie ease into it - keep RHEL on critical servers and replace for CentOS on those that aren't?

--
//Sorin