[CentOS] formating DVR-RW

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Apr 29 06:49:40 UTC 2018

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> My Centos 6 wodim tell me that it can only format DVD+RW.
>> I have DVD-RWs.
>> Even when I format a DVD-RW on my standalone DVD recorder,
>> wodim still will not write to it.
>> Is there a centos-6-useable mechanism
>> for formatting and writing DVD-RWs?
>>
> Have you ever used k3b? It works very nicely.

I have now.
It can format or whatever it needs to do to write my dvd-rws.

The last time I use it, it crapped out after writing,
but before finalizing.

How do I get it to finalize?

Also, how do I get it to stop tooting at me?
I thought that I had found the settings flag,
but apparently not.

>> Michael   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
>> "Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
>> a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
>>                                                               --
> Now that's a complete impossibility. I mean, where can you find a virgin
> who can (legally) give blood?

There are legal ways to get the blood of
some virgins who cannot legally give blood.
That is an ickier subject for other fora.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards