[CentOS] Vmware - Slightly off topic

Tue Apr 24 17:26:46 UTC 2018
Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com>

Hi All,

What is the correct way to provide a CentOS 7 - WMware image for ESX ?

As an amateur to VMware - I thought - great I can get VMplayer and ESX
should be able to import my image... Wrong... I even went through the
trouble of "converting" to VMWare workstation and thinking ESX could import
that - Apparently still Wrong...  I cannot for the life of me understand
how one product family is so incompatible with itself. But that is another
story.

I just want to be able to provide a pre-built image with CentOS 7 and my
other programs on a bootable VMware image that is easily imported into any
VMware platform - Workstation, ESX or other.

How is that accomplished ?
Thanks for your thoughts and experience.

Jerry