[CentOS] Ansible repository shenanigans in EL7

Wed Apr 11 13:48:11 UTC 2018
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 11/04/18 13:58, James Hogarth wrote:
> For those not aware ansible has been deprecated in RHEL7 from the extras
> repository.
>
> In the RHEL specific world it's now in an optional "product" (basically an
> optional subscription) that is part of any RHEL subscription, but it's opt
> in.
>
> As a result ansible is back in the EPEL7 repository for 2.5.0+ , having
> been removed for  ansible 2.4.2 when it got introduced to the  RHEL extras
> repo.
>
> I have no idea what, if anything, the CentOS team will do with the ansible
> in the CentOS7 extras repository.

That's a good question, as "orphaning" it would be an issue for all
people now getting it directly from Extras, if they don't have epel
added (also "opt-in")

AFAICS, nothing is pushed to git.centos.org anymore for it :
https://git.centos.org/summary/rpms!ansible.git

So I guess it would be a question for the centos-devel list :
- either we orphan it (and the other pkgs required for it) from extras
- or we try to build those and continue to provide ansible

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab