[CentOS] tftpd server S not responding

Thu Apr 12 13:14:42 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 12:48:15PM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> I do not see tftp traffic is leaving from S
>
> A:~$ tftp
> (to) 192.168.1.20
> tftp> get file
> Transfer timed out.
>
> As you can see no pkt is leaving. If it were leaving S, but A were not
> receiving then I would think firewall
> is dropping it.
>
> [ S ~]$ sudo tcpdump -A -nniany host 192.168.1.10
> tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
> listening on any, link-type LINUX_SLL (Linux cooked), capture size 262144
> bytes

Most likely the firewall on the system running your tftp client is
blocking the traffic from the tftp server.  The easiest way to test
would be to put in a rule that allows all packets from the server (or
to at least log them so you can see what's happening).  The firewall
issue is most likely *not* with the tftp server.