[CentOS] Wich is best for backup? nfs of iscsi?

Thu Apr 12 21:24:38 UTC 2018
Steven Tardy <sjt5atra at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 5:00 PM marcos sr <msr.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a CentOS VM with a lots of inodes, and 500GB +/-, running under
> hyper-v . Which is best for backup them? What is the pros and cons?

Not enough details.
Are you backing up the VM from hyper-v?
Are you backing up the VM from within the VM?
Are you backing up the files on the VM or making an image/snapshot?
Does $storage-provider have a preferred protocol?
NFS typically can be expanded on the fly if the needs increase.
iSCSI typically needs “work” like expanding the partition then expanding
the filesystem when more space is needed.