[CentOS] [Marketing Mail] Create CentOS 6 system as "clone" of another - with LVM and different disk sizes

Fri Apr 13 13:32:13 UTC 2018
Lange, Markus <M.Lange at dnb.de>

Hi,

You can simply boot a live system to create your partition layout and copy it
over the existing system with rsync. Once your system is copied, you will need
to customize all hardware-dependent configuration files such as {crypt,fs}tab,
network configurations, bootloader and so on depending on your setup.

Don't forget to install the bootloader afterwards!

You can also install a minimal system and use a live system to copy the files
from the existing server to the new one (e.g. with rsync -a). This way you do
not have to create the partition layout and bootloader manually.

Using clonezilla would only replace the part of copying the files and installing
the bootloader, all other settings still have to be made. Rsync should be much
faster for data transfer.

Best regards,
 - Markus