[CentOS] rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.

Mon Apr 16 17:23:32 UTC 2018

marcos sr wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to mount a nfs system. But i receive this message:
>
> mount  -t nfs  <IP>:/backup /backupnfs
> mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
> mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
> mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified
>
> After a fews searchs on google
>
> i tried to execute the files:
>
> sbin/rpc.statd
> /usr/sbin/start-statd

No.

First, what are you running, C6 or C7?

Note that autors and idmapd are not enabled by default, so you need to
a) fix either /etc/auto.master or auto.<whatever> to include what you want
mounted, then edit /etc/idmapd.conf to correct it. Then

c6:
    chkconfig idmapd on
    chkconfig autofs on
    service idmapd start
    service autofs start

D7:
     systemctl enable idmapd
     systemctl start idmapd
     systemctl enable autofs
     systemctl start autofs

Those should start the required daemons. DON'T execute the individual
files manually.

       mark