[CentOS] VGA connectors fail to work with i915 & 3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64 kernel

Wed Apr 25 02:30:00 UTC 2018
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

Everyone,

A while back I reported problems with the Intell i915 video driver in
an ASUS mother board.  I never found a solution, but did find a work
around.  It is apparent that when the VGA cable is connected during
boot time the screen becomes blank and does not allow a login, but if
the vga cable is disconnected and the DVI connector on the video screen
and motherboard are used everything works as expected.

I am posting this so that if others have the same problem they can
easily bypass the problem with a DVI cable, and probably an HDMI cable,
but I was not able to test the HDMI.

Greg Ennis