[CentOS] CentOS Digest, Vol 163, Issue 10

Ste Films- radio stream stephen11797 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 15:42:36 UTC 2018


I know there is already a thread going on...but..
I can't get into rdadmin (I set a password)
I found out that I can dump mysql and it is in there but I am not sure how
to find it in there (in mysql that I have copied or "dumped" it into home
user....folder)
can someone help me by chance..

thanks,
 Stephen Campbell



On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:00 AM, <centos-request at centos.org> wrote:

> Send CentOS mailing list submissions to
>         centos at centos.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         https://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         centos-request at centos.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         centos-owner at centos.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of CentOS digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Can't boot into GUI: Centos 7 "Server with GUI" option
>       (James Pearson)
>    2. bad udp cksum (Laszlo Danielisz)
>    3. xfs quota question (mark)
>    4. Re: xfs quota question (Valeri Galtsev)
>    5. Re: xfs quota question (mark)
>    6. Re: xfs quota question (Valeri Galtsev)
>    7. Re: bad udp cksum (Simon Matter)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 12:20:26 +0000
> From: James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>
> To: Jay Hart <jhart at kevla.org>
> Cc: CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Can't boot into GUI: Centos 7 "Server with GUI"
>         option
> Message-ID: <a7387fc9-ddcd-f827-cf07-76667a2a0b2e at moving-picture.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Jay Hart wrote:
> >
> > A complete step by step would be appreciated. It will avoid further
> back-n-forth.
>
> It's not that difficult - a quick google of 'centos 7 rebuild initramfs'
> brings up (e.g.)
> https://sites.google.com/site/syscookbook/rhel/rhel-kernel-rebuild
>
> James Pearson
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 14:53:17 -0400
> From: Laszlo Danielisz <lacibsd at gmail.com>
> To: centos at centos.org
> Subject: [CentOS] bad udp cksum
> Message-ID:
>         <CABPYxKwuSPEeNxdAUu2p4h-oTibH-RJBnxntWbVO2NuBk0-zfA@
> mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Hi,
>
> Recently I'm noticing an interesting issue.
> My CentOS servers are trying to send logs to a logging server via 514/udp,
> however I'm not receiving anything.
>
> I did the following on CentOS
> *tcpdump -vvv -nn udp -i esn160 port 514*
>
> In another session on the same server:
> *nc syslog-server -u 514*
>
> tcpdump started to show me messages like:
> *[bad udp cksum 0x3ce9 -> 0xb0f5!] SYSLOG, length: 172*
>
> After some research I disabled TCO (ethtool -K ens160 tx off rx off), now
> tcpdump shows:
> *[udp sum ok] [|syslog]*
> And I'm also receiving the logs. Yay!
>
> I have the same issue on multiple servers with CentOS versions 7.3.1611,
> 7.4.1708 & 7.5.1804. I'm having the issue no matter if it is a physical or
> virtual server (they also use different hardware and NIC's)
>
> Of course I could run ethtool every time a server starts but I think there
> should be a better solution. Also I enjoy having TCO giving some rest to
> the CPUs.
>
> Did anyone find a solution for this?
>
> Thanks!
> Laszlo
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 15:57:25 -0400
> From: "mark" <m.roth at 5-cent.us>
> To: "CentOS mailing list" <centos at centos.org>
> Subject: [CentOS] xfs quota question
> Message-ID:
>         <993f74e35fb023b2a49b9053dc3e5a3f.squirrel at host290.hostmonster.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=utf-8
>
> Can I go to an existing xfs file system, and apply a soft quota to each
> user on it? If I do, can I then run a report, and see who's using how
> much, or does it only apply to files created after the quotas are applied?
>
>        mark
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 15:22:30 -0500
> From: Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> To: centos at centos.org
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] xfs quota question
> Message-ID: <6551c6c1-bbb6-ef43-eb3d-03de0fa58b8c at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
>
>
>
> On 08/09/18 14:57, mark wrote:
> > Can I go to an existing xfs file system, and apply a soft quota to each
> > user on it? If I do, can I then run a report, and see who's using how
> > much, or does it only apply to files created after the quotas are
> applied?
> >
>
> After remounting XFS filesystem with option "usrquota" you can issue the
> command similar to:
>
> xfs_quota -x -c "limit bsoft=8g bhard=10g -d" /home
>
> This command will enable the limits above for all users (-d flag),
> except users who have their limits existing already (usually ones who
> preformed fs operations).
>
> For those who already have some limits set you can still can change
> these limits, but with individual command, say in the loop, like:
>
> for i in `cat user_list`; \
> do xfs_quota -x -c "limit bsoft=8g bhard=10g $i; \
> done
>
> I hope, this helps.
>
> Valeri
>
>
> >         mark
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > CentOS mailing list
> > CentOS at centos.org
> > https://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
> >
>
> --
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Valeri Galtsev
> Sr System Administrator
> Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics
> Kavli Institute for Cosmological Physics
> University of Chicago
> Phone: 773-702-4247
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 17:24:09 -0400
> From: "mark" <m.roth at 5-cent.us>
> To: "CentOS mailing list" <centos at centos.org>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] xfs quota question
> Message-ID:
>         <4e5e8e726f2df226bc9d6612a1a572c1.squirrel at host290.hostmonster.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=utf-8
>
> Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> > On 08/09/18 14:57, mark wrote:
> >
> >> Can I go to an existing xfs file system, and apply a soft quota to each
> >>  user on it? If I do, can I then run a report, and see who's using how
> >> much, or does it only apply to files created after the quotas are
> >> applied?
> >
> > After remounting XFS filesystem with option "usrquota" you can issue the
> > command similar to:
> >
> > xfs_quota -x -c "limit bsoft=8g bhard=10g -d" /home
> >
> > This command will enable the limits above for all users (-d flag),
> > except users who have their limits existing already (usually ones who
> > preformed fs operations).
> >
> > For those who already have some limits set you can still can change
> > these limits, but with individual command, say in the loop, like:
> >
> > for i in `cat user_list`; \ do xfs_quota -x -c "limit bsoft=8g bhard=10g
> > $i; \
> > done
> >
> > I hope, this helps.
>
> Will that work if I do a mount -o remount?
>
>     mark
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 16:57:06 -0500 (CDT)
> From: "Valeri Galtsev" <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> To: "CentOS mailing list" <centos at centos.org>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] xfs quota question
> Message-ID:
>         <54719.108.68.162.197.1533851826.squirrel at cosmo.uchicago.edu>
> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
>
>
> On Thu, August 9, 2018 4:24 pm, mark wrote:
> > Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> >> On 08/09/18 14:57, mark wrote:
> >>
> >>> Can I go to an existing xfs file system, and apply a soft quota to each
> >>>  user on it? If I do, can I then run a report, and see who's using how
> >>> much, or does it only apply to files created after the quotas are
> >>> applied?
> >>
> >> After remounting XFS filesystem with option "usrquota" you can issue the
> >> command similar to:
> >>
> >> xfs_quota -x -c "limit bsoft=8g bhard=10g -d" /home
> >>
> >> This command will enable the limits above for all users (-d flag),
> >> except users who have their limits existing already (usually ones who
> >> preformed fs operations).
> >>
> >> For those who already have some limits set you can still can change
> >> these limits, but with individual command, say in the loop, like:
> >>
> >> for i in `cat user_list`; \ do xfs_quota -x -c "limit bsoft=8g bhard=10g
> >> $i; \
> >> done
> >>
> >> I hope, this helps.
> >
> > Will that work if I do a mount -o remount?
>
> If you are able to execute
>
> mount -o remount -o usrquota /mountpoint
>
> then you are OK. Normally, you will not be able to do it if there is even
> a single file open on the filesystem, Therefore if it is /home you do have
> to kick all users off. Executing any command related to quota will make it
> obvious if particular filesystem is mounted with quotas enabled or not.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Valeri
>
> >
> >     mark
>
>
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Valeri Galtsev
> Sr System Administrator
> Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics
> Kavli Institute for Cosmological Physics
> University of Chicago
> Phone: 773-702-4247
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 09:34:24 +0200
> From: "Simon Matter" <simon.matter at invoca.ch>
> To: "CentOS mailing list" <centos at centos.org>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] bad udp cksum
> Message-ID:
>         <1c988b38e34d5ddc32177f921f7a6c6b.squirrel at webmail.bi.invoca.ch>
> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=utf-8
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Recently I'm noticing an interesting issue.
> > My CentOS servers are trying to send logs to a logging server via
> 514/udp,
> > however I'm not receiving anything.
> >
> > I did the following on CentOS
> > *tcpdump -vvv -nn udp -i esn160 port 514*
> >
> > In another session on the same server:
> > *nc syslog-server -u 514*
> >
> > tcpdump started to show me messages like:
> > *[bad udp cksum 0x3ce9 -> 0xb0f5!] SYSLOG, length: 172*
> >
> > After some research I disabled TCO (ethtool -K ens160 tx off rx off), now
> > tcpdump shows:
> > *[udp sum ok] [|syslog]*
> > And I'm also receiving the logs. Yay!
> >
> > I have the same issue on multiple servers with CentOS versions 7.3.1611,
> > 7.4.1708 & 7.5.1804. I'm having the issue no matter if it is a physical
> or
> > virtual server (they also use different hardware and NIC's)
> >
> > Of course I could run ethtool every time a server starts but I think
> there
> > should be a better solution. Also I enjoy having TCO giving some rest to
> > the CPUs.
> >
> > Did anyone find a solution for this?
>
> You can configure the ETHTOOL_OPTS option in the ifcfg files to
> automatically assign settings on startup.
>
> Regards,
> Simon
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS at centos.org
> https://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of CentOS Digest, Vol 163, Issue 10
> ***************************************
>



More information about the CentOS mailing list