[CentOS] ligthdm shutdown without a mouse

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 20:41:33 UTC 2018

1st, you should be able to do a power button configuration that will do a
graceful shutdown. If necessary there is also the command line option
(depends on user)

ctrl-alt-t (should bring up a terminal)
shutdown -h now (will do a graceful shutdown)

make sure the user has permission to do shutdown functions or set up sudo
and execute

sudo shutdown -h now

the latter is an easy teach to the user for this purpose and may be the
path to least resistance.

-- Fred