[CentOS] Mail has quit working

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 00:37:58 UTC 2018

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 at 19:11, TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com> wrote:

> Whoooosh, senior moment!!
>
> Here's the link:
> https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/MMNEJmqIrEzK-A4N3MR0ZA
>
> I just recently disabled IPV6 due to errors resolving I saw in the logs.
> This was AFTER mail quit working the second time. It did not correct the
> problem. Both times, this has happened after a kernel upgrade. I have had no
> errors this time, except for IPV6 stuff.

I think the error may be here:

/etc/hosts:
multi on

If that is the /etc/hosts file then something is changing it somewhere
(and the kernel rpms do not touch this file unless someone wrote over
it.) The file should be:

127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

The second problem may be in whatever created that ifcfg-eno1 file. I
have resorted and cleaned it up so it is easier to look at

DEVICE=eno1
NAME=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
DNS1=166.102.165.13
DNS2=207.91.5.20
DNS3=127.0.0.1
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
IPADDR=192.168.1.110
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.1.0
DEFROUTE=yes
DOMAIN=palmettodomains.com
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6INIT=no
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
UUID=cfd35a8f-6c40-4a80-bff5-821a91d0775b
ZONE=public

The third problem is possibly your DNS3 which is pointing to 127.0.0.1
which means you have a local nameserver running on the box. No idea
what that is but it is probably something that needs to be
reconfigured or turned off.

> TIA

Stephen J Smoogen.