[CentOS] Mail has quit working

Richard lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net
Mon Aug 27 13:21:10 UTC 2018

> Date: Monday, August 27, 2018 09:05:05 -0400
> From: TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>

>> From: CentOS [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of
>> Richard Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 7:58 AM
>>
>> > Date: Monday, August 27, 2018 07:42:48 -0400
>> > From: TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>

>> > IP6 is commented out

>> > That works

>> > This also works

>> > Removed the two nameservers. Still can't access mail. Getting
>> > connection to storage server failed on the roundcube login page.
>> >>

>> That you can now successfully get to "localhost" is good progress.
>> Seems you want to stay away from ipv6 networking issues
>> unless/until you resolve whatever that issue is.
>>
>> Roundcube is, potentially, a totally separate issue. I don't use
>> it, so can only suggest minimal debugging ideas.
>>
>> What is the hostname that you use to get to your roundcube
>> instance? Can you resolve that:
>>
>>    dig <hostname> a
>>
>> If you get an answer, is the ipnumber correct?
>>

> ; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-61.el7 <<>> mail.palmettodomains.com a
> ;; global options: +cmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 1,
> ADDITIONAL: 3
>
> ;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
> ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;mail.palmettodomains.com.	IN	A
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> mail.palmettodomains.com. 86400	IN	A	192.169.1.110
>
> ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
> palmettodomains.com.	86400	IN	NS	dns1.palmettodomains.com.
>
> ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
> dns1.palmettodomains.com. 86400	IN	A	192.168.1.110
> dns1.palmettodomains.com. 86400	IN	AAAA	aaaa:bbbb::110
>
> ;; Query time: 0 msec
> ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
> ;; WHEN: Mon Aug 27 09:01:48 EDT 2018
> ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 132
>
>> Note, if the hostname for your roundcube instance is one of the
>> ipv6 entries in your /etc/hosts file, I'd remove that - and either
>> put in an ipv4 entry or put an entry for it in your dns.
>>

> Thanks again! I still think it's a mail issue. I can't get mail
> using usermin either.
>
> Think I'm going to remove the TLS stuff from postfix main.cf that I
> added yesterday and retry.

Those TLS lines that you added to your postfix config file yesterday
have nothing to do with your ability (or not) to get to your
roundcube instance. I believe that the roundcube frontend is an
application that runs via httpd/apache. Assuming I am correct on
that, debugging your apache setup would be the next set of things to
look at. Confirm that it (apache) is running and listening on the
port(s) you expect it on (netstat and ps will help there) and then
start with the access and error logs.