[CentOS] OpenLDAP support in future versions of CentOS

Alicia Smith

asmith at mozilla.com
Tue Aug 28 15:51:40 UTC 2018

Hello!

I just joined this mailing list, so I apologize in advance if this topic
has already been covered.

Red Hat and Suse announced they are no longer supporting OpenLDAP in future
releases.
https://www.ostechnix.com/redhat-and-suse-announced-to-
withdraw-support-for-openldap/

However, we mainly use CentOS and while it's a RH derivative, I wanted to
find out what CentOS plans on doing in this regard.
Will you continue to include OpenLDAP or will it simply be removed?

I wasn't able to find any CentOS related articles in response to this, and
the only thing I did find that said CentOS hasn't released whether they
will continue to support it or not is from two years ago?

https://daasi.de/en/2017/09/25/red-hat-wont-continue-openldap-support-rhel-8-daasi-international-supports-migration/

Any updates/feedback/information is appreciated :)

Thank you!

--

Alicia Smith
@phrozyn