[CentOS] Kickstart file for software raid

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:03:11 UTC 2018

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 at 15:50, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using a kickstart file for CentOS 7
>
> raid /                                      --device=md0 --fstype="xfs"
> --level=1 --useexisting
> raid /home     --noformat       --device=md1
>  --level=1 --useexisting
>
> It is erroring out on the --useexisting.

It still needs to know what partitions are being used for that device. So
it is parsing --useexisting as the drives which make up md0

I am guessing the syntax is supposed to be:

part raid.0011 --usepart=/dev/sda1
part raid.0012 --usepart=/dev/sdb1

raid /    --device=md0 --fstype="xfs" --level=1 --useexisting raid.0011
raid.0012

This will still reformat the raid device from the man page:

--useexisting - Use an existing RAID device and reformat it.

> The exact text is:
> RAID volume "0" specified with "--useexisting" does not exist.
>
> What did I do wrong?
>
> Jerry

Stephen J Smoogen.