[CentOS] bash completion in C7

Mark Milhollan mlm at pixelgate.net
Wed Aug 29 22:20:45 UTC 2018

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018, wwp wrote:

>while bash completion was working great to me in CentOS6, since I'm
>using C7 I spend my day stuck on completion not working the way it
>should.

Since you don't want what it provides you can either remove the
bash-completions* packages or append "complete -r" to your ~/.bashrc
which turns off all custom completions leaving just pathname completion
-- I also use "complete -o dirnames cd" so that the completions for the
cd command are limited to directory names.  The bash-completions project
didn't stand still nor did the tools it uses so you might consider
submitting an upstream bug report.

/mark