[CentOS] Panic / EL6 / KVM / kernel-2.6.32-754.2.1.el6.x86_64

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Aug 30 14:31:02 UTC 2018

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 at 05:41, Leon Fauster via CentOS <centos at centos.org>
>  wrote:
>>
>>> There goes a cheap and reliable VM dev machine :-/
>>
>> No way. Should all IT departments trash a big percentage of there
>> hardware now?
> I am going to say from chip and OEM manufacturers view points: yes. For
> at least the last 15 years, they have priced out their hardware to have a
> 4-6 year lifetime. Consumers of said hardware are supposed to plan
> around that
<snip>
Heh, heh. We're starting to replace the servers that we got when I was
first here... in '09 and '10 and '11. But then, I'm a contractor at a US
federal gov't agency in the civilian sector, and budgets, um, right, LOL.
Next time someone complains about "waste of tax dollars", why, just last
year, or was it earlier this year, we finally retired a few servers that
had actual SCSI drives....

The only problems we've had on the latest C 7 kernels *seem* to be related
to a specific Intel chip or two. Otherwise, the older servers work just
fine.

     mark