[CentOS] CentOS 7.5 x86_64 ISO with Kernel 4.x

Tue Aug 14 14:44:48 UTC 2018
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 08/02/2018 07:42 AM, andreas.reschke at mahle.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I can't boot my new Laptop (HP Elitebook 840 G) with
> CentOS-7-x86_64-LiveKDE-1804.iso. Boot proccess stops very quick with
> kernel panic.
>
> Is there a ISO-Image with more recent kernel, maybe 4.17 from elrepo?

I have an experimental kernel based on 4.14.x LTS from kernel.org for
x86_64 .. it is the same source code that we use for the armhfp arch. I
use this on several x86_64 machines without any major issues and we keep
it fairly up to date based on the LTS kernel set from kernel.org.

You can get it here:

http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7.5.1804/experimental/x86_64/

Here is an example repo file (look for Experimental Repository):

https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/i386

(that works for both i386 and x86_64)

Right now, the released kernel is 4.14.52 .. but I should be releasing
4.14.61 later today.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes