[CentOS] OT: Linux recommendations for old Pentium PC

Fri Aug 31 15:52:07 UTC 2018
Gary Stainburn <gary at ringways.co.uk>

On Friday 31 August 2018 16:35:54 mark wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > I've got a very small footprint rack server with a 4TB drive in that I
> > wish to be a Bacula storeage device. However, it's got an old board /
> > processor in it.
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a Dist that would work on it?
>
> CentOS will work, but you might start with minimal (but make sure it
> includes networking).
>
> Please note that I installed CentOS 6, just a few months ago, on an HP
> Netbook from '09, and it runs perfectly well.
>
>       mark "see? I didn't say anything about systemd...."

I did try Centos 6 32-bit because I believe that was what was on it last time.
Unfortunately this time it refused to see the install image on the DVD

I did also wonder about repositories and how long they'll be available for it.

Gary